Tuesday, July 26, 2011

For the Meat Lovers

Not often when I travel to Las Vegas do I get a chance to explore restaurants off the strip.  I am usually in Las Vegas for a trade show, an account visit or a crazy weekend filled with TOO many gin & tonics.  Having a laid back weekend to just shop, casually bet a few hands on the roulette table and truly enjoy the wonderful dining the city has to offer, gives me a different perspective on what Sin City has to offer.

After our romantic dinner at Mon Ami Gabi, we decided to search the city for more casual fares.  We stumbled upon this 24 Hours Korean BBQ spot.  I'm not exactly sure what the name of the restaurant was.  It was either 24 HR BBQ or Sushi  All You Can Eat or Korean BBQ Kimchi.  Hmmm...but there was a huge sign that we couldn't miss!


Typically, I'm not a huge fan of buffets and was feeling a little skeptical about an all you can eat Korean BBQ spot.  The thought of all that meat!  But since it was 11 AM and we were both craving Korean (there is NO Korean food in Santa Barbara), the glaring sign lured us in.  To my surprise this was not the typically buffet set up with chafing dishes lined up in a row and filled with massive amounts of food.  You sit down and a nice Korean waitress takes your order.  Once/if you finish your first huge platter of meat then she will bring out more.  She will bring out three different types of meats the first go around.  The meat was tender and fresh.  There were also a great variety of side dishes that really makes a good Korean BBQ joint.



As much as we enjoyed the food at this buffet joint, I doubt that we will go back to any Korean BBQ buffet anytime soon.  To be honest, it's just too much meat for my taste.  But I do recommend it to all you meat and Korean BBQ lovers out there to try it at least once.

1 comment:

  1. Yay new blog posts! I've been to Mon Ami Gabi, the steak frites really is so delicious, as are the mussels! Yum! Now that you've told us what you guys did for your birthday celebration, do share what you did for your 1st wedding anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete